Freddy M.
Freddy M., Computer Technician
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field
15852642

I have the Apple 4. This morning, the screen shows me ways

Customer Question

I have the Apple 4. This morning, the screen shows me ways to say hello in different languages. It is asking me to set it up I think. I got up to up to create a passcode. Now what? Do I need to go in to a store?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Do you mean an iPhone 4?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok I will walk you through it, sounds like it went back to the begining of the setup.
On this screen it should show a bunch of languages please touch the language you want.
Then let me know what you see next on your screen.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tapped it and nothing happened

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
That is not good try using the eraser end of a pencil to touch it please.
Let me know if it still does not respond, where did you get the phone and was it used?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried the eraser just now. Doesn't work. I got it at an Apple store.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

.
Ok you should immediately return it and exchange it for another one.
The screen not responding means the digitizer is not working properly.

The digitizer is the part that essentially makes the screen a touch screen.
The phone going back to this after you entered the password XXXXX have been a sign of a software issue as well.

You should not have either problem with a new phone and it can be a sign of further problems to come.
Once you have exchanged it I would be happy to help you set up the new one, you can get back to me by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions at the top of the page.

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.

If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.

If you would like to continue later we can do so even after you rate.
.