John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I am in trouble at IPHOTO because while opening some photos

I am in trouble at IPHOTO because while opening some photos (those I did move there from other files) a sign appears saying:
: Alert. The photo "DSCF4268.jpg" could not be opened, because the original item cannot be found. cancel/ find photo.
In spotlight I can usually find the photo under-image-which I don´t understand.
But why does this happen? I have 90 photos which someone send me in some kind of dropbox and I moved them to iphoto.
How can I get the "original" photo/item in photoshop.
What is "original" in this sense?
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

To clarify; these were photos that were previously imported into iPhoto?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes.

Thanks, Asta.

Do you know which version of iPhoto you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

iphoto´11 version 9.3.2

Thanks again, please try the following;

Quit iPhoto if it is open

Hold down the Command and Option keys on your keyboard and start iPhoto

Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library

A dialog will appear with rebuild options listed; Start with the first option.

Click Repair or Rebuild

The process may take a few minutes to complete.

If that doesn’t work then repeat the process once again, this time choosing the 2nd option (and repeat for 3rd and 4th option until successful).

If you still have concerns, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website or your issue) and positive ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. I did this. Now I close the cumputer and find out tomorrow if this has worked or not.

Question: is it normally not o.k. to drag photo from facebook to iphoto?

It should normally be fine to drag photos from anywhere into iPhoto to import. As long as they show up under "Last Import" then they should be stored properly in your library.

Howdy!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this issue, please let me know.

Also, please feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question. I can assist with a myriad number of issues, including speed or performance improvements, hardware or software installation and updates, new device/software recommendations and other frustrations you may experience in the future.

I can be reached directly via the following page:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/

Thanks,