Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a 2010 Mac mini 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 8 GB DDR3

I have a 2010 Mac mini 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 8 GB DDR3 with OSX 10.8.5 and a macbook 2.1 GHz Intel 2.1 GHz Intel core Duo 4 GB SDRAM with OSX 10.7.5 Neither machine will load the software that came with a VGC Time Capsule It is Time Capsule Dual-Band 802.11n Wi-Fi Disc Version 1.1 Apple copyright 2009
When i attempt to load the software in either machine I get the Yellow Caution symbol over the hard drive image, and a Requirement that OSX 10.4.x or Later is needed. The Time Capsule IS working completely wireless to the macBook, and ethernet to the back of my router/ hub as is the mini. Its was empty with one file DATA. Ive loaded 4000+ songs from my iTunes, but I cannot change the password, rename the device, etc. Any Help would be appreciated, Thanks, Bob
It is most likely PowerPC based software which will not run on Machines after Lion 10.7. Is that an Apple Time Capsule not familiar with VGC?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

apple time capsule all mac machines. as far as i know this disc is intended to run on mac. at mid install it stops, with alert of Mac OSX V10.4.x or later needed both macs are running OSX 10.8.8 and OSX 10.7.5

Ok it will not run on machines after Lion, but you do not need that software just go to Applications / Utilities and open Airport Utility. That is how you manage your Time Capsule

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i think i am getting closer. when i do as requested, and open i get the airport utility to open, both found the internet, and now the time capsule-is there now a set up procedure, re name create files . I can find and do that -thanks, XXXXX XXXXX given me hope

Great!! If you get stuck let me know.

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide an OK Rating - or Above. If you are not satisfied, please don't Rate to Finish and Reply to Expert and let me know what I can do to change that. If we solved your problem, giving me high marks on the survey and / or bonuses are also GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.