Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience:  7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I upgraded my I-pad to OS7 and now it wont accept my passcode.

I upgraded my I-pad to OS7 and now it won't accept my passcode. The I-pad says it's now disabled. :(
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Your iPad is completely disabled and everything on it will be deleted. You have to restore (reset it to factory settings) your iPad from iTunes on your computer. That is your only way to fix the problem. You must restore it by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode. DFU Mode is a mode which will allow you to restore your iPad to working condition. Follow the steps below to put your iPad to DFU Mode;

• Connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes application on your computer
  • On your iPad Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
  • After exactly 8 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode, so keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode.

If you don't have iTunes application installed on your computer, download and install it from here : http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

How to i put itunes on my computer?

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
If you don't have iTunes application installed on your computer, then download and install iTunes from here : http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Let me know how it goes...
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I'm trying it now. Will let you know, OK?

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
Ok. Add a bookmark of this page, so you can get back to me any time you want and we won't lose our connection.

If you have any trouble on following the steps, just post a message here and I will get back to you ASAP.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

It didn't work, still wants a passcode

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
That means your iPad is not in DFU Mode. In DFU mode your iPad will be blank. I want you to keep trying until it goes to DFU Modr.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

let me try again.

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
Keep trying. It is hard to get to DFU mode. You have to connect it to PC before putting it to DFU mode and when it goes to DFU mode your your iTunes will ask you to restore your iPad.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I got it restored but can i restore my addresses, etc,?

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
Sorry for the delay. Do you have backup on iCloud ? Did you tried restoring from cloud ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I don't see the restore option on my i-pad.

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
What does your iPad shows now ? When you setup it after restoring didn't you get a option to restore from backup or restore from iCloud ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no
Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
what does your iPad shows now ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

on icloud?

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
If you already setup the iPad, then on your iPad go to Settings > General > Reset and select Reset All Settings

This will restart your iPad and show setup screen. This time while setting up select Restore From iCloud. Then enter your Apple I'd and password. Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

The restore option never came up (Tried it twice). goes right to the screen that shows my icon

Set up my email and my contacts came back in, but still no option to restore, just to back up

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
I'm sorry, it seems like there is no backup point on iCloud. That is why it is not showing the restore option.

You can redownload all your past purchases for free using the same Apple ID

Is everything else works fine ?
Ashik, Mac Helper
Experience: 7+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yes,

Thanks for the help.

Expert:  Ashik replied 10 months ago.
You're most welcome :)

If you're satisfied with my service, please rate me Positively. Bonuses and Positive feedback are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Best Regards,