Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Accidently deleted my iPhoto library in the trash. How can

Accidently deleted my iPhoto library in the trash. How can I find and rebuild my iPhoto library?
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Did you deleted your iPhoto Library from the trash ?
Is your iPhoto Library still in the trash ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I deleted it from the trash, it is no longer in the trash.

Do you have Time Machine backup of your iPhoto Library ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know what that is.

I mean, did you backed up your iPhoto Library to any external drives ?

Anyway I'm going to be honest with you. There is only a little chance of recovering the photos. Let me explain how this works. When you delete something from your Mac, only the reference to the files are deleted. The actual file will be there and it will over-written by new files when you keep using your Mac, just like you record on a tape. So it is still possible to recover them using Professional third part recovery applications.

So don't install any applications other than recoery applications and don't download anything like musics, movies etc until you recover them.

I can't guarantee the recovery applications will work, but its worth a try. The best recovery application out there is Data Rescue 3. Recovery applications are costly, so try the trial version before buying it. Get trial version of Data Rescue from here : http://www.prosofteng.com/downloads/download.php?prodID=78

Another one is Stellar Phenoix Data Recovery, get the trial version from here : https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/21543/stellar-phoenix-mac-data-recovery

Again, there is no direct solution for this problem. Your only option is to try the recovery application.

I know this is not the answer you've expected, but this is the only answer/solution to your problem. So, please don't rate me Bad or Poor if you are not satisfied.

If you have any questions or need any additional help, please don't hesitate to ask as I'm glad to continue to help you.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, I understand. Once I do a recovery to an external drive, will I be able to copy the photos on a disk and then reopen them on my MAC?

Yes. Let me know how it goes...
If you have any trouble with recovering the files, please let me know and I will continue you help you. Add a bookmark of this page, so you can get back to me anytime.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I recovered my files using Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery. I have a Seagate 1TB external hard drive. Do I just plug it in to my MAC and make it the destination drive for my recovery files?

Yes.