Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
19897260

I have outlook for MAC. I opened it today and lost all emails,

Customer Question

I have outlook for MAC. I opened it today and lost all emails, calendars and contacts.
I have a time machine but it isn't restoring.
I called Apple support and they walked me thru process but had to hang up before it was done. It didn't load.
Where is my info?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today!

When you tried time machine.. What process did you take?

What folder or file did you restore specifically? ( or attempt to )
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think it was Microsoft user data

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

Lets try the procedure again.

Restore this folder

Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/

Once restored.. We next need to rebuild the main identity.. Heres how

Hold down the Option key on the keyboard, and then start Outlook 2011.

Then, click your main identity, click rebuild.. When it finishes, outlook should start.. And it should load your emails..

If it does not, hold down option again, ( and if you had more then one identity showing )

Try setting each of t he identities as default, and then starting outlook.

These steps, should return your mail to your folders Susan. If you run into issues or cant complete them, send a reply and let me know and I will continue to assist you .

Dustin S
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

tried all that with apple

but will try again.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
You did rebuild the profile afterwords?

And you did also, try setting the different idenities as default?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes but hold on...let's make sure I am doing it right. When you say restore microsoft user...how should i be getting there

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
The way I prefer to do so, is first ( outside of time machine )

Go to your finder, then go into your library, locate the Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/ folder.

When you have the office 2011 identities folder on screen.. Then open time machine. .It will go to the exact folder.

Now, press the up arrow, or back arrow to the right of time machines window.. As that will take us back in time.

Go back a at least a day or two before your email dissapeared.

Then, at the lower right side, click restore.

Once you click restore, and it goes to the desktop and says the folder was successfully restored.

Next, we need to rebuild the identity we just restored.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can't find library

and why can't our chat stay on my screen?

everytime i hit reply it takes me back to the waiting room screen.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
as far as why the chat wont stay on screen, that would be a design choice by the engineers who built the website Susan.. It is supposed to refresh, and show when a message comes in though..

lets try this, in your finder / spotlight, type in Microsoft User Data

Does it show a microsoft user data folder in your finder? If so, click it and open it.

And then, click the office 2011 identities folder and open it.. And then, start time machine..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello? My session ended

It didn't work

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hi Susan.

Not sure what you meant about your session ended..

When you say it didnt work, what part didnt work, were you not able to go back a few pages in time machine?

Did it not restore?

If you were able to rebuild the identities, how many identities did it show that you had listed?

Please be as clear as you can, that way I can understand what happened and how to correct it.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes I rebuilt the main identities.

There are several because I have done this several times today. Apple had me doing this.

None of it is putting it back into outlook.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
after you built the databases.

Did you then go individually, one by one.. And set each main database as default ( one at a time ()

And then start outlook, and check each database indvidually ( after setting it as default)

To see if your messages were there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I haven't gotten through all of them yet beause there are like 10 now.

But It has to be something else because it just keeps creating a new idenity everytime I try this.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
It may be best Susan, If you and I can connect during a screen share session tommorow, so that I can see whats happening myself, on screen.

And then take the steps to repair this for you. Is that something you would like to try tommorow, and if so, when would be a good time to start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What time?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
I will be online and available from 11 am EST to about 10 PM EST

Any time within those hours would work.. When your ready to connect, send a reply my way and I will send you the short connection steps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can you call me when you are on line XXX XXX XXXX

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Susan.

Im online, though it will take me about 15 minutes to catch up with replies from last night and this morning.