John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I have the same issue, I was located by the find my iphone

I have the same issue, I was located by the find my iphone app in several places that I had not been. This all happened on the same day and it has been accurate every other day. Any additional suggestions as you replied 1 year ago?
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Can you describe your issue in detail, I'm not sure what prior Question from a year ago that you may be referencing.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been located by the find my iphone app in locations that I have not been. These locations were all on the same day in July. How do I prove that I wasn't in those locations when the app has been accurate almost 100% of the time before and after that day. These locations are about in a mile radius of where I actually was.

Thanks.

Sadly, there is no way to "prove" via the iPhone or the Find My iPhone app that you weren't in those locations as it doesn't keep a record of that kind of data for user retrieval and comparison.

However, GPS location services are NOT 100% precise and can fail due to a variety of reasons. For example, the location services software could have been "locked" up on the device that day and needed a reboot, the iPhone may not have been communicating successfully with other services to pinpoint location, etc... GPS inaccuracies might cause the distance to be inflated when adding up the cumulative distance between GPS points and so forth. The problem starts with the GPS errors, and is linked to the strength of the satellite connection giving the phone accurate location information, in a case like that.

Other variables such as wifi being turned on or off or the iPhone being in Airplane mode would effect this, as well.

I realize this is not a concrete answer to your specific situation but proof of your location would have to come from elsewhere, we can only talk about possible issues leading to a theoretically inaccurate reading.

If you still have concerns, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website or your issue) and positive ratings assure I am credited for my time.

Thanks and good luck,