Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

How do I defrag my MacBook Air?

Customer Question

How do I defrag my MacBook Air?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Could you please explain your problem little more ? Do you just want to defrag it ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I just want to defragment my MacBookAir

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Richard, You can run Disk Utility to defrag your Mac. Open Disk Utility from Applications > Utilities folder. In Disk Utility, select your hard disk in the left column, then under First Aid tab click Verify Disk, then Repair Disk. Then click Repair Permissions.

You can also use third party applications like Onyx to run some maintanances and clean/defrag your Mac. Download and install this utility, Onyx from here :

(Download the correct version of Onyx for your Mac OS X. You can find the different versions in the Related Links in the above page. Make sure you download the correct version of Onyx)

Open Onyx. In Onyx, click on Maintenance tab. Select Rebuild tab, check all boxes and then Execute. The under Cleaning select System and User and check all boxes on both and Execute. This will fix all system files, clean out old unwanted files and caches etc from your Mac.

Keep Onyx. It is the best maintainance utility out there.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi there, do you need more help ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help. I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me Positively.

Thanks and Have a great day,