John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

Hi, we have an iMac computer, in addition to this iPad Im

Hi, we have an iMac computer, in addition to this iPad I'm contacting you with. My husband hit something by accident, and now all you can see on the desk top is a huge screen saver. No apple logo in the upper left corner, no finder option, no dock. We tried restarting it, and nothing happened. We also right clicked on the screen and it really didn't give us any options that would allow us to return the screen to normal. Can you help?
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

If you push your mouse to any screen edge, does the desktop "move"? For example, if you move the mouse to the very top and leave it there, does the menu bar ever appear?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My husband was able to bring the doc up, but we cannot get the finder in view, and the screen saver is simply enormous.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
John, are you still out there?
Okay,

please try pressing Command-Option-minus to unzoom the screen.

If you still have concerns, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website or your issue) and positive ratings assure I am credited for my time.

Thanks and good luck,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, John, that worked. Thank you. but the graphics and the doc are tiny. Can you help with that?
First try simply restarting the Mac again and see if it resets the issue.

If not, you can change the size of the Dock by clicking the Apple menu > System Preferences > Dock and you will find a slider to control the size.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks so much, John. We're good to go.
You are very welcome!

I enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question.

I can be reached directly via the following page:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/