Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified

"Unknown Albums" on iTunes

I "read" by listening to audiobooks which I purchase on The books are then downloaded -- usually automatically -- onto iTunes. When I connect my iPhone or iPod to my computer, the attached portable device syncs automatically with iTunes, adding, among other things, any new audiobooks to that device. Sometime during the past year, I have noticed that more than a few of those books (some new and some that I've had for a long time) are listed as "Unknown Album." The book cover is shown in color but is usually too small to determine the title or author of the book. The result is that a great number of my purchased audiobooks are extremely difficult to locate because each is listed as "Unknown Album." Do you have a specialist in audiobooks stored on iPhones/iPods/iPads and in iTunes located on a computer who can help me identify these Unknown Albums, rename them, and place them in alphabetical order in iTunes so that they can then be transferred as such to my portable devices.?

Because it is late, I am going to bed, but I wanted to present this question now so that work could be started on it.  I will check my texts and email immediately in the morning.

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

You can rename the 'unknown album' books using iTunes -
Highlight a title, then right-click and choose Get Info, select the Info tab, and from there you can view, identify and change the title, album name, etc.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm still working on the solution you provided but am thinking it may lead to other questions. I'll be back in touch when I have time. Thank you!

Hi Donna,

You're welcome :)

Just let me know if you need anything else!