Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment

On my iMac, in Mail, whenever a new email comes to my iCloud

On my iMac, in Mail, whenever a new email comes to my iCloud account, it goes in the Archive immediately, instead of going to the inbox for the iCloud mailbox. How do I fix this, so new email goes to the inbox instead of the Archive?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX X will assist you today!

Do you also have the same icloud email account on your iphone by chance, or your ipad ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

yes

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Ahh.. Thanks..

Its almost certainly the Iphone, that is forcing the icloud mail to go into the archive.

Lets try t o change the settings on the iphone, and future mail should go into t he inbox as normal Victor.

heres how to change that setting

View the page below

http://www.imore.com/how-enable-message-archiving-icloud-mail-iphone-and-ipad

This page tells us how to turn on archiving.

When you get to the section where it shows to turn it on, instead, we want to tap ON and turn it to off.

Lets do this for all email accounts showing on your iphone.. And once complete.. Your mail should no longer go to the arhive folder, but instead.. Should go to the inbox.

Let me know if this works, and if not, let me know if you run into any issues completing these steps.

If my answer helped, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the green submit button to rate the answer. We can still communicate after rating, as rating does not end the conversation.

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I did what the link said. Now can you send an email XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX to see if the new email goes to the inbox?

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
I cant see yoru email Victor..

( though if you connected that email account to y oru justanswer account, notifications of my replies should go to that email )

Worst case scenario, you can always send yourself an email, and see where it goes..

Win lose or draw, let me know what happens when you can.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

It worked. Thank you

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Your very welcome Victor.

If theres anything further you need or any questions you have, please let me know.

Other then that, if your satisfied with the service and help you received, please click one of the rating icons below, and t hen click submit.

As this is the only way our quality reports reflect whether or not were solving problems or failing to solve problems .

Dustin S.

Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience: 4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment