Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

How do I move pictures around within an event

Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Events aren't for rearranging Photos. For organizing, you have to use Albums or Smart Albums. However, it is possible to move photos from one even to another event. See here :

Generally, photos in the events or albums are organized by date. To change, select Events or Albums or Photos in the source list (left column), click on View menu and select Sort and then select Manually. Now, you can click and drag to arrange the photos.

I'd recommend to create albums (File > New Album) and arrange the photos in it. To arrange in albums, follow the steps below;
  1. Click the album title in the Albums section of the Source pane.

2. Drag the thumbnail of a picture to a new place in the sequence, or select multiple thumbnails and drag them to a new place.

3. Repeat Step 2 until all pictures are arranged as you want them in the album.

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't have time to try it now but will do it later. Is there an easy way to

transfer an entire event to an album?

First add a bookmark of this page Barry, so you can get back to me any time you want.

Yes, select all the photos in the event by pressing Command + A or hold down Command key and select the photos you want. Now, just click and drag them to your Album. You can even drag the entire event to the Album's name in the left column.

Best Regards,
Hi Barry, Just checking. How is it going ? Do you need more help ?