Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps

If my mac book pro ( current version -1) is always on changer

If my mac book pro ( current version -1) is always on changer does it affect battery life?

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Actually, it won't make all that much difference. Under normal circumstances disconnecting power cord is not necessary because once the lithium-ion battery is full the charger discontinues charging and only engages when the battery voltage drops. Most users do not remove the AC power and this practice is safe.

What will shorten battery life is temperature: If it gets hot, it will shorten the battery life.

Please go through this apple page.

Check following articles also:

Thank you very much for the positive rating. Remember us, when you need any assistance again. Your business is very valuable for us. You can ask a question directly to me by going to Now let me file this question as closed.