Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

I have 1st edition of Ipad, have quick office and cannot transfer

Customer Question

I have 1st edition of Ipad, have quick office and cannot transfer files as I could with older version of I tunes. Help menu states select device, select apps, below file sharing select an app from the list and click add. However the screen does not show "file sharing". How do I transfer files to quickoffice or can I get an older version of ITunes?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Hello Rob, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

The problem is that your iPad can run 5.1.1 as max and iTunes 9.1 which makes things hard.
That said,what OS do you use on your computer, Windows or OS X?
Which version of OS is it?
What version of iTunes were you using that worked?
Keep in mind that you may have to upgrade the iPad to at least an iPad 2.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I use Windows 7, unfortunately I do not remember what version of iTunes worked it was several versions ago as my computer updates regularly

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.
This is where you can get older versions of iTunes for Windows.
Trouble is I do not know which will work for you.

This might work better and has a small price.

I have found that with many updates things that once worked no longer do so.
I hope that helps, please let me know.

That should let you continue with that iPad without upgrading. I have iPad 1 and 2, I gave the 1 to my son as the 2 does so much more.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The ITunes download did not work because the library was created with the newer version. Quickoffice is the same as the one I downloaded and has been updated. Thanks for trying.

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.
That was the first try. This app should fix the transfer problem.

You are right about the data being updated for the newer iTunes, I forgot that.

Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

This transfers me to the ITunes store and it will not allow me to download because I have already downloaded this version.

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.
You have that app? One thing that may work is to delete the app and redownload it.
I had an issue with another app that this fixed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

You got it, after deleting the app all is well and I can get back to work, Thanks Daniel

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.
Glad to hear it, cheap fix. Sometimes a reset works also.
To reset the iPad press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons down until the Apple appears, ignore all other screens, then let go.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
This does a system reset much like a restart of your computer does.

Does nothing to any data and will not delete anything.

I am here if you have other questions Rob.