Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.

The I Tunes site will not accept my password XXXXX my son got

The I Tunes site will not accept my password XXXXX my son got his iPod. What do I do? Can we both register on the same PC?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cris replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for asking your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be glad to assist you.

Unfortunately you cannot log into iTunes with two different Apple ID. It will only allow you one at a time.

Unless you create a secondary profile on your PC for your song to log into. You can then setup iTunes with Apple ID.

Let me know if this answers your question or if you need any further assistance. BEFORE selecting any negative rating. I will be glad to answer your follow ups.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

HI Chris:

Please bear with me I am not totally iPod savvy. Because of this problem I have not used i tunes in a year. Am I correct that we each have to have our own profile to synch. our Pods? If this is true how do I set up profiles for us both? I hope this is making sense. I guess I could just download music from my computer files and not use I Tunes but I would still need to synch. my I Pod. Yikes!

Expert:  Cris replied 10 months ago.
Hi Victoria,

I will try to break it down for you as much as I can. But if you have any questions after reading this you can reply back to me.

Currently it appears you only have one profile on your PC and iTunes setup. In the iTunes software you can only be logged into one Apple ID at a time.

If your song Apple ID is signed into all of the music he purchases will be loaded into iTunes. If you log out of ID and log into yours the content which has been purchased under his name will not be able to play or sync properly onto any device.

That is because the content is registered to his Apple ID. You can sync multiple devices through iTunes with either Apple ID but it would be best to pick one and leave it.

If you want to keep it seperate I recommend creating another profile your son can log into on your PC. Setup iTunes and let him sync his iPod then you can keep your normal profile setup with your Apple ID.

To create a new profile it depends on what operating system you have on your PC. If Windows XP, click on Start then Control Panel go to User Accounts and from there you can create a new account.

From Vista/Windows 7 click on the windows logo start button then Control Panel. Go to User Accounts then manage accounts. From here you can create a new account. When you log off or restart your PC. You will have two accounts to choose from when logging in.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Reply back to me BEFORE selecting a negative rating. I will asnwer your follow ups.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi: Thanks for your patience. I printed your answer so I can have it for review. I have a friend who can go over it with me but I think I understand. You have been a great help.

Expert:  Cris replied 10 months ago.
Your very welcome.

Selecting a positive rating for my assistance is appreciated. If you have any questions afterwards you can come back and ask me
Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience: 4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.
Expert:  Cris replied 10 months ago.
Hi Victoria,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

If in the future you have any further questions please save my site profile. So you can reach me directly.

www.ITCrisAnswers.com

Let me know,
Cris