Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

when i turn on my home page, I cannot find the address bar

when i turn on my home page, I cannot find the address bar.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

What I understand is you cannot find the address bar when you open the webpage, correct?

Is the problem on the Safari browser?

Thank You

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

Let's open safari. Now you will find an apple icon to the top left corner of the computer, followed by safari, file, edit, view etc.

Click on View > Customize toolbar.

Now you will the address bar there. Just drag it from there to where you need it in the browser.

Let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you be more specific

Lets take it one step at a time.

When you open safari, do you see an apple icon at the top left corner of the computer screen followed by menu items such as safari, file, edit, view etc?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, but i don't know what to do next

No problem. Just click on the "view" menu there and then on "customize toolbar".

Do you see the address bar sitting there?

just drag it out of there and place it into the position where your address bar is missing

let me know if you still find difficulty.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

still don't have it.

Did you mean the address bar is not there in the "customize toolbar" pop up box?Just check this video and make sure you are doing it correct

Let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, that is what i mean. my family is waiting for me to go to church. I guess i should pray for enlightenment, among other things. I will return here in about 2-3 hours. I hope you will stick with me. Thanks

I will. Let me know once you are back.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm back and ready to go.When I press on customize the tool bar, I get a drop down of "drag your favorite items int the tool bar" Directly above that is an empty grey colored bar.

Please give me 10-15 minutes. I am outside having dinner. I will reply as soon as I am back home.

Sorry to keep you waiting.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX am back.

So you don't have anything there to drag? Have you checked this video on how to drag from customize toolbar?

If it does not work, let me know and we can reset the safari to see whether that works.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for all your suggestions. The video at the end did the job. The voice sounded like that of a young person. As the saying goes, "and a child shall lead them".

Thanks for your patience.

Mark Thornton

It was the first video I got while searching and great to know that it resolved your issue..:)

Thank you for your patience

Have a great day!

If we are done, I would appreciate if you can rate my service.

Thank You
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

On a scale of 1-5, I give you a 5 (highest rating).

Thank you very much...:)

In the future, if you have any questions, mainly on ipod/ipad/iphone/itunes, you can reach me through

Once again, Thank you....
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dio te bendiga.