Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I received a phone call from ph. number XXX-XXX-XXXX, Eric

I received a phone call from ph. number XXX-XXX-XXXX, XXXXX XXXXX, saying he was calling from a company hired by Apple to contact customers who may have been attacked by a virus. He was hard to understand, and I did not trust him, gave him no information, but he said this concerned "Rundll 32.exe". I need to know if this was a legitimate call or not. Thank you.

Hello Sharon! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. This is a scam. No support company or Apple would ever call you for any computer support (you would call them first.) This is usually a scam in order to get your money and/or to get your information on your computer. Please do not let them access your computer.

There should be no issue with your computer, but if you notice any computer issue, please let me know any time. You can click on the Reply to Expert tab below and reply back to me. Thank you very much.