Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

hi nick im being told itunes is missing a component on my

Customer Question

hi nick
i'm being told itunes is missing a component on my laptop when i try to play a cd.
what can i do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Rachel, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Best,

Rachel

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 3 years ago.
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied

This problem is on your mac machine, right ? Can you please give me the exact error message you are getting ?

regards
Jins
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i don't remember it was in my first request to you. something about i don't have the correct itunes component installed on my computer.

Please delete the iTunes preferences file com.apple.iTunes.plist from user/library/preferences/ folder. Now open iTunes and let me know the result. Click here to see how to find library folder.

regards
Jins
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i found the library folder but itunes is just listed as itunes. i don't know how to find com.apple.itunes.pllist. please how do i find that?

In library folder find and open the folder named Preferences in that folder look for that file.
Hello Sir, did you find that file and removed ? Did it fix the issue ?

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was not able to
Please click here and follow the instructions to create a new user account on your mac. Then login as that user and open iTunes. Let me know the result.

regards
Jins
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
TERRIBLE TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE. NEVER AGAIN

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Best,

Rachel