Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Platinum Mac Support, Repair, and Presales Specialist.
23511658

I have email collected over 10 years, using Eudora 7.1.0.9

I have email collected over 10 years, using Eudora 7.1.0.9 sponsored mode, on a PX running Windows XP, (2002). I would like to migrate that collection to mac mail on a new iMac running Mountain Lion. All web sites and blogs I have read tell me it is practically impossible. Is that right? Thanks.
Category: Mac
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name isXXXXX can help you with your question. There is a creative way around this seemingly unsumountable task.

Thunderbird uses the same email format on both Windows and Mac. But you aren't using Thunderbird, I know... but what you CAN do is install Thunderbird on both the Windows and Mac computer, then import from Eudora to Thunderbird - transfer the files to the Mac, and then from Thunderbird, you can import to just about any email application you want to use.

The side benefit of this is that you are never working with the original email files so you can leave things running on XP until you have this done and then simply switch over.

Thunderbird Windows
Thunderbird Mac

Moving Thunderbird Data to a New Computer

I know it's not the most straightforward method, but it will save you time and headaches over trying to migrate directly. let me know if you have any questions.

SQ

Experience: 20+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Platinum Mac Support, Repair, and Presales Specialist.