Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.

"an error occurred please try again later", I

"an error occurred please try again later", I get this message on every Youtube video. This is new and I have had no problems until now. Running OS 10.8.6, I have downloaded the most recent Adobe Flash Player and installed. In Spotlight the only match for "Adobe Flashplayer" is Adobe Flash Player Install Player. Clicking on this only gives the option of Uninstalling. Whas up?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Richard! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you able to play videos from other websites (except website)? Please try the followings in order to fix this issue:

1. Please disconnect the power cord from your modem / router for a few minutes, then reconnect.

2. Search for Adobe flash player in spotlight, then uninstall it.

3. In Safari, click on the Safari menu on the top
, click EMPTY CACHE if available, then click Empty button
, click on Safari menu on the top again
, click on Reset Safari, then click Reset button

4. Download and reinstall Adobe Flash Player at the website below:

5. Check

If that does not work, please download and install Firefox software at the website below:

, then open Firefox, then go to the website in Firefox, then see if you can play videos in Firefox.

If needed, restart the computer and check.

If there is still any issue, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further as you need. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Could not join the remote desktop session. It just hung, with spinning gear or some such. Also got a repeated "Shockwave" error window. Finally had to Force Quit Safari and now I am here on this email. One of the options said I could not open your downloaded sharing file because it did not come from the App Store or an identified website. Now what?
Sorry about that. Can you please try my written suggestions above for fixing this issue? Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Did you get my response to your message. I did all you said. Both Firefox and Safari play the ads but not the videos.

I'm sorry, I just got your response. Does it also give the same message "an error occurred please try again later"?

Do you have any other computer in the house? Does youtube work on that computer?

Can you try:

1. From the Applemenu, click System Preferences, then click Network.
  2. Select the connected device on the left
  3. Click on the Advanced... button
  4. Select the DNS tab.
  5. Click on the + (plus) icon and add the following two items for DNS servers:
  6. Click Apply / OK.
  7. Then check youtube.

If that still does not work, go to Apple menu > System Preferences, and then click Users & Groups, then create a new administrator user account,

then restart he computer, and log in the new account and see if youtube works in the new account.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well, that worked, adding the DNS numbers! Who would have known? Only you. I am accepting the advise and thank you very much
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just replied to your response and clicked on Reply. This closed the window leaving no option to Accept.

While your help was great, I find the JustAnswer process from the beginning was buggy, hard to follow and pretty much dysfunctional. I will now click on Accept, not sure if this message will go to you or not.
Great. You're welcome. I'm sorry about the site issue; we'll check on it. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please rate my service by clicking on the smiley face below (or Accept), then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just went through Accept process, payment was denied and I saw no Rating options. Tried twice, they asked me to email them [email protected] I did. So it seems to me I have not paid at this point or rated your service. What a system!?
I'm really sorry; our customer service is checking on the site issue right now. You will get another email message later. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Apparently JustAnswer was outside my usual spending patterns, so Credit Card company denied the charge. Believe it is fixed now, so will press accept. Your CSR person posted Excellent service for me.
Thank you for your patience & feedback. Please come back any time if you need anything else. Take care! Thank you,