Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have a new iPad no problems while first in Vietnam

Customer Question

I have a new iPad no problems while first in Vietnam able to use vietel, suddenly my sender address is being rejected
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.

Kamil Anwar :

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer. My name isXXXXX and i will be assisting you with this question today.

Kamil Anwar :

May i know who your email provider is?

Customer : bigpond.com. Australia
Kamil Anwar :

Click on Settings -> Mails, Contacts & Calendars

Customer : I am travelling in Vietnam and need to know what to do quickly
Kamil Anwar :

Under Accounts, can you see the bigpond account?

Kamil Anwar :

I am going to assist you with this problem but to be honest, i am not sure how quick it will be. Can take 5 minutes or 50 minutes depending on (when we diagnose the issue) and how fast can you follow my instructions.

Kamil Anwar :

You need to check if SMTP Server has the username and password XXXXX for bigpond.

Customer : How do I do that, I am not crash hot as a technition
Kamil Anwar :

You said quickly so i thought i should just tell you the last step so you can do it.

Kamil Anwar :

Can you go to Settings -> Mails, Contacts, Calendars

Kamil Anwar :

Under Accounts you should see your bigpond account

Kamil Anwar :

Tell me what the name of this bigpond account is?

Customer : Ok give it to me simply I have to be out of this hotel in half an hour
Kamil Anwar :

Oh that's really quick.

Kamil Anwar :

I'll give you a quick fix:

Kamil Anwar :

Get the server details (smtp and pop) from bigpond, delete your mail account from iPad and Re-Add it.

Kamil Anwar :

Tell me the email id in this format username @ bigpond.com.au so i can get you the required smtp and pop settings.

Customer : The additional mailbox address isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX is the ipad reverting to the account address
Kamil Anwar :

please give a space before and after the @ sign

Kamil Anwar :

otherwise, i cannot see the email as it becomes filtered through this website.

Customer : OK. Address is. robinbillings @ bigpond.com
Kamil Anwar :

I am gonna speak to Bigpond, please wait.

Kamil Anwar :

Do you know how to re-add the email if you delete it?

Customer : No this was all set up for me when I purchased
Kamil Anwar :

Can you click on Settings on your iPad

Kamil Anwar :

Select Mails, Contacts and Calendars

Kamil Anwar :

Under Accounts, Click your bigpond account

Kamil Anwar :

The next screen should show you your email address or account name on top in this way

Kamil Anwar :

Account (account name here or email)

Kamil Anwar :

Click on it

Kamil Anwar :

At the bottom click the account again under Advanced

Kamil Anwar :

You should see Outgoing Mail Server option and SMTP written

Kamil Anwar :

Click on this

Kamil Anwar :

On the top under Primary Server click on the Bigponds SMTP

Customer : How do I save this page so I do not loose the instructions
Kamil Anwar :

You should then see an option for Server (if it's off turn it on)

Kamil Anwar :

You can take a screen shot from iPad by pressing the home button and the power button together

Kamil Anwar :

Or you can re-login to this site and open this session by clicking on My Questions and selecting this question

Kamil Anwar :

At the bottom enter hostname / username / password

Kamil Anwar :

These are your settings for the SMTP:

Customer : I can not see primary sever
Kamil Anwar :

Can we do it step by step, can you get more time?

Customer : Ok,now what
Kamil Anwar :

Go back to Home Screen

Kamil Anwar :

Click Settings

Kamil Anwar :

Click Mails, Contacts, Calendars

Kamil Anwar :

Under Accounts : What is the name of this bigpond account?

Customer : rowebill.redhead1@bigpond. com
Customer : Time is running out
Kamil Anwar :

I have asked for information and i am waiting for you to respond.

Kamil Anwar :

You have to communicate with me back and forth so we can get to the right place. I need to know the information i ask

Kamil Anwar :

Click Settings

Click Mails, Contacts, Calendars

Customer : Sorry I have to leave for the airport this is not working
Customer : Do not charge me for this
Kamil Anwar :

I am really sorry about this. It needs time.

Kamil Anwar :

I will get this refunded, kindly do not reply or respond, will get this question closed.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

You have been refunded on this question and that was upon your request. You have still rated me bad - Even though i did my best to assist you but you did not had enough time we needed to fix this problem.