James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience:  Mac Expert

New user of Documents 2 Free for iPad. Composed long document

New user of Documents 2 Free for iPad. Composed long document & forgot to save. Cannot find. Is there autosave or way to recover?
Category: Mac
Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.

Did you already exit the app?

Thanks!

J.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
yes. in error
Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.
Ok - if the document was saved, it will still be in the app.

Push the Home button (the one with the square) two times.
The Task Pad will open on the bottom.

Search for the Documents app, and touch it.

If the document was saved, it will open up in the app.

If you have any other questions or need more information, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond!
I'd appreciate it if you can rate my service using the faces below my answer.

Many thanks,

James.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the doc was not saved.
Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.
I understand.

So you exited the doc, was asked if you want to save, and answered no?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i didn't exit on purpose. got distracted & forgot to save
Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX

I'm very sorry to tell you this, but in this case there is no saved version of the document. Even the auto-saves are cleared when you exit like this...there is no way to recover the document.

I know this is not what you want to hear and am very sorry to give you this piece of bad bad news, but it would be unprofessional of me to do otherwise. I hope you understand and that you are not going to shoot the messenger...

Thanks,

J.
James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience: Mac Expert