Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment

I just upgraded to the INTUOS 5, but am unable to download

I just upgraded to the INTUOS 5, but am unable to download it on OSX 10.8.4 version of Mt. Lion. Message says has downloaded successfully. However, never can find the application. Called Apple and after checking (and $20.00 later), was informed that the problem was within the INTUOS 5 program and gave your number. PLEASE, any clues, as I've spent hours trying to find the "download"(ed) application. Dick Shinn
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX X will assist you today!

Im sorry to hear about the issues your having with downloading the Intuos 5 update to your Mac.

Im positive that I can help you with this issue, but it will take communication between us to get this resolved. To start with, I need to ask a few questions.

What web browser are you using when you download the software?

Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Safari.........I also have Firefox and Camino. sorry, had to go to Lowes.

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
Hope that your trip to Lowes was fruitful! And glad to have you back.

Ok, you have tried downloading with safari.

How about Firefox.. Can you try downloading the Intuos software using firefox.. from this page

http://us.wacom.com/en/support/drivers

Try downloading the latest mac driver for intuous pro..

Use firefox.. Will it let you download?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I'm not sure what in the Hell I'm doing. I tried Firefox and tried to download wacom tablet and got all of this crap asking me if I wanted to clean my Mac first. Didn't give me an option. clicked on several downloads, but nothing appeared on my screen.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Apparently not, but as I said, I don't know what I'm doing

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
Understood.

Maybe it would be best, XXXXX XXXXX connected to you from here.. In a screen sharing session, I can see whats happening, and I can also help you in person, and t ry to install the software myself.

Would you like to try that method of support?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Definitely!

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
Excellent.. Here is the link to connect

http://166.78.231.170:8040/

the session id password is intuos

Once entered, its going to ask you to download and install a file.. This file will connect us, so we need to make sure to install it.

if you run into any issues downloading or installing the file, please send a reply.

if it says your connected, please send a reply.. One way or another please send a reply within ten minutes and let me know whats happening.

Thanks,

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Sorry, so far, just getting the spinning wheel. Apple says doesn't recognize third party venders.

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
Ok.. when it says that it doesnt recognize third party vendors..

There should be a section you can click to allow third party vendors.. ( and this also may be whats blocking wacom intuos, from installing )

Lets go to Apple menu > System Preferences… > Security & Privacy > General tab under the header "Allow applications downloaded from:"

Choose " Anywhere"

Then try to download and install our software again.. What happens?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

So far, nothing. I have about 5 of the icons in the downloads. Do I have to eliminate them before I can download again?. Also, getting them out of the Apps file?Should I reinsert the disk?

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

were you able to go into system preferences, and allow applications downloaded from "anywhere"?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yes. I'm starting from scratch and have just downloaded the entire disk and will now check to see if I can open it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
When you say, downloaded the Disk.

DO you mean the wacom software ? Intuos?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yes. Still in progress. It says, "loading program, please wait".

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
Ahh..

That sounds like you got it to download, and now its trying to install.

let me know what happens, and I will be standing by!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thank you.

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
Im unsure if your thank you, meant you were thanking me for standing by....

Or, if you were thanking me because we were able to get the Intuos software loaded?

Can you please clarify?

Thanks,

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I'm thanking you for your patience. Still downloading (I guess).

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
ahh..

Understood.. I will be online another 5 hours today.. ( though im about to take a 15 minute break , and will take a half hour dinner break in about two hours )

Let me know if anything changes, and if the download install of the intuos software wont complete, we can cover that bridge when we get there.

D.S
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Roger, wilco and out

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
about to take a 30 - 45 minute break for dinner..

So if you respond in that time frame, it may take me a litle bit to get back to you.

Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I'm running late as I forgot that I had to cook the spaghetti before I could eat it (I'm an 85 yr old widower and have slowed down a bit). Im eating here at the computer so go ahead when you're available.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I'm Just sittin' here havin' a nice cold beer awaitin' the next step. Your shot.

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Just seen your reply..

The intuos program.. Did it ever finish downloading?

Or installing?

( what was the last steps we were doing with that )

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

It "appeared" to have downloaded as it stated that everything was successfully installed, but that's what I've reading since yesterday. Still didn't appear in Applications. The utility icon opened, but still nothing.

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
Thanks..

SInce you went in earlier and allowed all applications.. How about you and I try to connect again.. Since your settled in with dinner, and Ive got about a hour of open time.

Heres the link to connect again.

http://166.78.231.170:8040

the password XXXXX intuos

it should download the file, and then, we should now be able to install the file, which will connect us.

Let me know if anything goes against the grain of our plan.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

It took 7 options before I found one and became connected.

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
Thanks..

I should be connecting to you within the next 2-3 minutes..

Please standby..

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hey, are you there or aren't you able to communicate the other way?

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
Im here.. And should have control of the screen again right after sending this.

Thanks for the message!!

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Go for it!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Anything that I can do to help?

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

The remote server, or my internet connection, or the connection somewhere between us.

Isnt working so well..

Ive seen 3 wacom utilities that were installed.. If we restart the mac.. Attach the pen.. And try to use it..

is it working now?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yes, the pen works as it did previously.‘

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

In case that you didn't see my answer, yes.

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

When you say the pen Works as it Did previously,

What isnt working on the pen currently?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Just as you saw–moving around the screen. When I pressed own on the large button to the left of the work area, a lighted image showing the parts to touch for spraying tip of pen show briefly. It would then fade out. No work icons are visible.

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
When yiou say to the left of t eh work area..

Do you also have a tablet, that goes with your pen?

Or, what do you mean by the large button to the left of the work area?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yes, there is a tablet upon which is a large recessed button that is supposed to show pen shapes, etc...for the pen,but there is nothing for it to work. The pen never did anything but go around the area acting like my Track Ball.

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
That tablet...

Does that tablet have a usb cord? It should have a usb cord that goes from the tablet, and connects to your mac..

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Correct.

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
Is that cord currently connected from your Tablet, to your mac?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I already answered. There's too many pages that come up and it gets confusing. The USB cord was attached into a 4–in 1 router which fed into the computer. Could that have been the source of the problem?

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
That very well couldhave been the source of the issue.

Heres what I would like to try.. ( if you have about 20 more minutes )

Connect the tablet usb cord, directly to the mac usb port. ( do not connect it to a hub or 4 in 1 )

Once connected, lets you and I reconnect.. ( it should only take me a few minutes to open the already installed tablet software, have it register your tablet, and have you working )

here is the link to connect again.. ( the server seems to be running better now )

http://166.78.231.170:8040
Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience: 4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I gave an extra $10.00 as thats all that I can afford as I'm living on Social Security. When I was in my veterinary practice, I didn't charge the poor and now I'm one of them, but I'm still enjoying life even tho my wife and son are dead. You do the same as life is too short–even at 85.

Dick Shinn

Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for the advice Dick,

I imagine outside of a support role and repair setting, Theres a lot that i could learn from you about life and appreciating what we have, and what we no longer do.

Was a pleasure working with you..

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

My legacy, since I have no money left, is limited to teaching everyone with whom I come in contact is the following piece of advice: "Never say have a 'good day', say 'Have a GREAT day'. When you say good, your lips are rounded, when you say GREAT, you have to smile'". People say"That's great. I never heard that before" and I reply,"Of course not, as I'm the guy who thunk it up, but you're free to use it and to pass it on". So, Dustin, that's my tip to you. Have a GREAT day!!! Dick