jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair

I have a Gen 4 iPod brand new got in April. Opened a tutorial

Customer Question

I have a Gen 4 iPod brand new got in April. Opened a tutorial from a game site & it took over my iPod. Couldn't close it b/c I didn't have all the options it was supposed to have loaded. My iPod is now completely blacked out. Won't light up unless I briefly hook charge cable to it. I'm presently trying to let battery die hoping this will allow me to reset it. NONE of the buttons work. Not even the top button to power off the iPod. Is there anything I can do that I don't know about? I am very frustrated and angry about what's happened. Desperate for help!
Category: Mac
Expert:  jstinehelfer replied 10 months ago.

jstinehelfer :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I understand technology can be frustrating at times and hopefully together we can come up with a solution to your problem.

jstinehelfer :

Is this an Ipod Touch?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

I am presently just letting the battery die

jstinehelfer :

Ok give me a few minutes to research this.. While I am looking this up have you tried holding the home button down and the sleep/wake button together at the same time until you see an apple come up?

Customer:

is the home button the bottom center button used most often?

jstinehelfer :

yes.

Customer:

no i haven't held them down together. I will do this now

jstinehelfer :

hold them down together and do not let up until you see and apple show up.

jstinehelfer :

if the power off slider comes up ignore it

jstinehelfer :

any luck?

Customer:

I held them down & the apple came up. HEY IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has reset & at first that game tutorial sent me back to the game, but it let me out & all seems clear! AMAZING!! You have NO idea how much this means to me. I have been LOST w/o this iPod. I use to talk with my son. THANK YOU XXXXX THANK YOU!!!!

jstinehelfer :

You are very welcome. I am so happy you was able to gets this going.

jstinehelfer :

If you are happy with my work please take the time and give me a good rating. I appreciate your business. If you need any help in the future you can go to http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john-stinehelfer/ and reach me there. Thank you for using JustAnswer we value your business. Please have a wonderful day

Customer:

Me too! I actually thought I'd tried that procedure but probably didn't hold it long enough. Again thank you so very much & have a wonderful day. I will give you an excellent rating!

jstinehelfer, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: A+ Comptia Certified computer repair