Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

my apple id is disabled

my apple id is disabled

Michelle :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

So I can better assist you, I will need additional information. Has your apple ID been disabled due to too many incorrect password XXXXX?

Customer:

No I don't think so, I can access my account, through putting my password, but when I want to buy something or want to download it says ID disabled

Michelle :

Are you trying to make purchase from your iPhone/iPad or computer?

Customer:

Yes, and I still have money in my account And I was acctually first trying to update some apps.

Michelle :

Ok thank you for clarifying your issue. The first step in this troubleshooting processes it to sign out and then sign back in. Click on settings and then choose iTunes &App Store Click on your apple ID and then choose sign out

Customer:

Ok I did this

Michelle :

Now go ahead and sign back in and make sure your personal info and billing is up to date

Customer:

Okay

Michelle :

Next, go into the app store and attempt to download any free app

Customer:

No it is still disabled on ipad and iPhone

Michelle :

Since it is still disabled, then you will actually need to reset your password.

Michelle :

Click on this link to reset your password https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Customer:

On my husbands ipad it says i am in the israeli store????? how can we change this back?

Michelle :

Click on settings then choose iTunes &App store Again. Click on your apple ID and choose view apple ID. Enter your password. Click on Country / Region

Michelle :

Choose Change Country and Region and change it back to the correct store

Michelle :

Where you able to successfully change your itunes store back?

Customer:

Hi my apple ID is still disabled, I tried to reset my ID but I forgot the security questions and when I press, send to email, I don't receive the email. In the mean time I deauthorize my husbands iPad, he was still in the american store though, something is strange.

Michelle :

Sometimes, the reset password XXXXX goes into the junk/spam folder. Have you checked there?

Customer:

yes!

Customer:

can you reset my id

Michelle :

I wish I were able but since your the account owner, you and only you have the option of doing so. No worries, you can try to reset your password XXXXX your device. Go into Settings<iTunes &App store again. When you click on your apple ID, choose iForgot

Customer:

i did receive the email to my alternate email adress and followed the instructions>>>

Customer:

ok i will do it and try

Michelle :

In the email that you received, follow the instructions. There is a link that will reset your password.

Michelle :

Click on the link in your email and set a new password

Customer:

apple id is still disabled

Michelle :

Even after resetting your password?

Customer:

yes

Michelle :

Were you able to change the store back ?

Customer:

yes

Michelle :

Have you travelled recently? The reason I ask is because iTunes will flag your account if it thinks suspicious activities occur

Customer:

should i also sign out from ipone and iPad or is it the same as from my iMac? no

Customer:

No i have not traveled

Michelle :

Yes, sign out of all of your mobile devices. Then sign into your iMac first with the new password

Customer:

my id i still disabled i did again the i forgot id, but i am not getting the email to reset the password, i changed the passwrd last time by going into my account thats why it probably did not work. Why am i not receiving the email? I checked the email on file and it is a current email address that is working ( my husbands)

Michelle :

Can you do a search for appleid.apple.com in your email search box

Customer:

yes i will try

Michelle :

Ok I will stand by

Customer:

no search in all mailboxes

Michelle :

Since you do not remember the answer to your security questions and your are not receiving a password XXXXX link, You will need to submit a ticket and schedule a call so an iTunes representative can do a master reset. Click on this link and then choose Account Management https://getsupport.apple.com/Issues.action

Michelle :

Then choose Forgotten Password XXXXX Questions

Michelle :

You will then receive 3 options. Have iTunes call you Now, schedule a call or have them call you later

Customer:

thanks for your help

Michelle :

You are very welcome. Have a fantastic rest of your day :)

Customer:

thanks for your help!!!!

Michelle :

It was a pleasure assisting you today. Please let me know if I can assist you in the near future