Freddy M.
Freddy M., Computer Technician
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field

imac desktop os x snow leopard cant put items in trash,trash

imac desktop os x snow leopard cant put items in trash,trash wont empty
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Do you know if the files in the Trash are locked?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

none of the files in the trash are locked

Open the trash itself and hold the option key while trying to delete a single file. Does it delete?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

any files that i create: such as text edit or dreamweaver html files will go in the trash and delete and the trash will empty. any links that i have saved with the bookmark option in safari wont even go into the trash. and when i click the trash icon on the lower dock, the empty trash option stays dark not allowing me access to even see if the files are even in the trash.

Safari bookmarks do not go to the computers trash as they are stored by the browser itself. Once you delete them from the bookmarks menu they are gone nothing needs to be emptied.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am satisfied, i now know what the prob. is now that i can eliminate the browser.

Ok if you have any questions just let me know. If not please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.