Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.

How do i transfer epub/ Kindle ebook files to ipad? Please

How do i transfer epub/ Kindle ebook files to ipad?
Please note I did not buy these books someone gifted it to me.

Hello Breana! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you downloaded / install the Kindle for iPad app yet (search for Kindle in the App Store on the iPad)?

, then sign in / register on the Kindle app

Next, sign in your Amazon account at the website below:

, then select the Action tab of each books you want, and deliver it to the iPad

Note: The books must be gifted to your email address, and if you do not have an Amazon account yet, then you can sign up for one at the website using the same email address.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

These books are not in my kindle account. They were 'Gifted' to me on a flash drive. In other words i am not sure if i can upload these files to my kindle account as they were not purchased by me. I have to somehow transfer it to local storage rather than pushing it through the website.

I'm sorry. I don't think if you can read these books if they are not in your account (copyrights issue). Can you download the Kindle for Mac application, and see if you can read on the computer first:

Thank you

Hi Breana,

I did some more research, and unfortunately, per copyrights issue (publisher's demand), kindle ebooks cannot be transferred from one account to another:

Amazon provides the gift option when buying books, but only the receiver has access to those books (the person who has gifted cannot download books; the receiver has to download the books himself/herself):

But I also found that you can lend/borrow books (if that books have the lending option) for up to 14 days. Can you ask that person to lend you those books? Please see full details at the website below:

If those books are lendable (determined by the publishers), then after that person has lent) you the books, then those books will be in your Amazon account.

Please let me know if you have any further question. Thank you.