Shefin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Experience with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I have openoffice on my Mac to open attachments in my emails;

Customer Question

I have openoffice on my Mac to open attachments in my emails; but, it asks me to Restore, when I click that icon, nothing happens. How do I restore this software.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 years ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know if the issue persists.

1. Force Quit your Open Office Application (Right-click holding the option key).

2. Open up Terminal and at the command prompt type to remove the Saved Application State information.

rm -rf "~/Library/Saved Application State/org.openoffice.script.savedState"

Or rm -rf ~/Library/Saved\ Application\ State/org.openoffice.script.savedState

3 Start up OpenOffice and the popup should no longer show.

Check if the issue persists.

We may need to communicate back and forth in order to get the issue resolved . I am an independent tech, and volunteering my time unpaid until the conversation is concluded. I request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face once you have all the information you need. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. If you do not feel I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I already know how to Force Quit, I am trying to get it to open attachments

Expert:  Shefin replied 3 years ago.

Please follow the instructions in order to get rid of the restore option. Follow the instructions after quitting the program. That why I suggested to force quit Openoffice.

If the issue persists, try the below instructions too.

Delete the file "org.openoffice.script.savedState". It is located this folder: /Users/<user name>/Library/Saved Application State.

The user/library folder is hidden in Lion. In finder, Option-click the Go menu to locate it.

Thank you.
S H E F I N