Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
19897260

How do change the program font, so you can see the directions

Customer Question

How do change the program font, so you can see the directions better on Photoshop elements 11?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today!

The system font for Elements is controlled by the native resolution of your display.

What I suggest , is to close PS elements, and then lets test changing your resolution.

The steps below will help you to change your resolution..

1. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.

2. Click the drop-down list next to Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want, and then click Apply.

3. Click Keep to use the new resolution, or click Revert to go back to the previous resolution.

Picture of resolution options in Screen Resolution

We want to go to a smaller resolution. ( for instance, if your at 1900 x 1200, move down to 1280 x 780 )

That should make the font on the program larger and easier to read..

Please try that out, and then let me know if it helps Photoshop elements show a larger and more easily read font. if it doesnt work, please let me know.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The service was great, but the answer did not work. Is there another way? PLEASE help me.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Question Angela..

Were you able to change the screen resolution as I suggested?

And when changed, did you click ok to apply it? DId everything on your screen get bigger ( outside of photoshop elements ? )

Thanks,

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'd already had it big that way, but it seem not to affect the Photoshop Elements 11 program.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.

Can you try this,

Edit - Preferences - Interface...

UIFontSize.jpg

Inside the UI font box.. change that to Huge..

Does that help any?

D.S

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can not find the interface.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

On photoshop, if you click edit at the top, then click preferences, can you get that far?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I got to Preferaces but could not find interface.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Understood.

Lets try increasing the font size this way

2. Choose one of the following:

• Smaller - 100% (default). This keeps text and other items at normal size.

• Medium - 125%. This sets text and other items to 125% of normal size.

• Larger - 150%. This sets text and other items to 150% of normal size. This option appears only if your monitor supports a resolution of at least 1200 x 900 pixels.

• Choose medium, or larger..
  3. Click Apply.

To see the change, close all of your programs and then log off of Windows. This change will take effect the next time you log on.

Does this help at all Angela?

Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience: 4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment