Jason
Jason, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

ipod jailbroken and password XXXXX

Customer Question

I have an ipod that is jailbroken and the password XXXXX XXXXX that has the dot maze drawn on it, but unfortunately I do not know this password XXXXX I need to get past it. I cant restore it because that ereases everything. Please help

Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I am sorry to report, but there is absolutely no way to unlock it without knowing the password.

If you have a recent backup of the iPod, you can always restore it.

Please, let me know how else I can be of assistance.

Thank you,
Jason

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Sync your iPod with its primary computer by connecting the devices with the included USB cable and then opening iTunes. The two synchronize, and the iPod unlocks in some instances. If you don't have access to the primary computer -- the computer that you used to perform the initial setup of the iPod -- you'll need to restore your iPod to factory settings.

Connect your iPod to any computer that has iTunes installed. Open the iTunes software. Click on the listing for your iPod under "Devices" in the left panel of iTunes. It may take a few moments for the software to register that the device is connected, so be patient if you don't see it at first. Click "Restore" in the main iTunes window. The first phase of the restore process takes place; you can view its progress in iTunes. After the first phase is complete, iTunes either instructs you to disconnect your iPod and charge its battery or asks you to leave it connected to complete the process. Do what is asked.
Wait as the second phase of the restore process takes place. This time, the progress bar is displayed on the iPod itself. Perform the setup process for your iPod after the second phase is completed. The procedure is the same as the first time you synced your iPod. After the setup is complete, you'll find the iPod's screen lock deactivated.

Regards
Jins

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question today. My name isXXXXX look forward to helping you today.

If you sync your iPod with a new phone, it will definitely erase all on your iPhone.

As I stated in my initial response, you can always plug it into iTunes and restore it to a time before you had the password.

Thank you,
Jason
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I see you gave me a bad rating for the correct answer.

When you rate me poorly, that does not mean you get a refund. Was that your goal?

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

You are still rating the truth as bad.

You have already paid.

Would you like for me to send up a refund request?

There is no way to get your data because you forgot your password. That is a security measure that Apple has hard encoded into the iPod.

You have rated My profile badly because you forgot your password.