John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

My ical froze and says its updating. Says the server responded

My ical froze and says it's updating. Says the server responded with an error.
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 11 months ago.
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

It sounds as though iCal has locked up while communicating with the server.

Click the Apple logo at the very top left of the screen.

Choose Force Quit...

Select iCal from the list and click the Force Quit button.

Then once iCal has stopped running, restart and see if the issue persists.

If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If so please, please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my personal service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Thanks and good luck,
John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience: 20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

That was the 1st thing I tried and it did not work. I had this happen months ago and it was a simple fix, I just can't remember what it was.

Hi Tuck,

Are you saying that iCal did not force quit OR that it returned to the same error?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It will force quit, but upon reopening it is the same.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

An entry into the calendar froze it up...

Okay, try this;

Force Quit iCal if it is running.

In the Finder, Click the Go item in the menu bar at the top of the screen.

Select Library (You may need to hold down the OPTION key to see this entry)

Open the Calendars folder in the new Finder window that appears

Move any files to the trash that include the word "Cache" in the name (Such as "Calendar Cache") and empty the Trash.

restart iCal

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

That worked. Thank you very much !!!!

You are very welcome! If you have no further questions on this topic, please remember to rate my assistance accordingly so I may be credited for helping you.

I enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question. I can assist with a myriad number of issues.

I can be reached directly via the following page:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/