Michelle
Michelle, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 10 years of exp.
70409726

I have Russian loaded o

Customer Question

I have Russian loaded on my "Mac Air" and want to load Spanish... DO I have to download Russian before loading Spanish, or can I just load the Spanish with another "Learner" name?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Michelle :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

So I can better assist you, I will need additional information. Are you referring to setting your computers language to spanish?

Customer :

No, I am english speaking and have R-S Russian loaded on my Mac Air. I need to load R-S Spanish....

Customer :

Do I have to take the Russian off the machine, or can we set the software up to accommodate both Russian and Spanish???

Michelle :

Oh ok so your questions is in reference to loading Rosetta Stone- Spanish onto your computer. No you do not have to remove to russian version. You can actually install it so it saves to your computers hard drive. As long as you have space on your hard drive, you can keep both

Customer :

OK, I load the first Spanish disk into the reader and The computer does not recognize it. It goes to the, already installed, Russian package

Customer :

I need both installed. How do I get the computer to understand this?

Michelle :

How many disks are included with the spanish version?

Customer :

Five plus three

Michelle :

Out of the 8 disk, are they in order? Are you loading the first disk?

Customer :

The three are audio companion

Customer :

The application desk sends a message that there is a later version of the software loaded on the machine

Customer :

This is where I stopped

Michelle :

What version of RS are you loading for the spanish addition and what is the version for your russian addition

Customer :

The spanish is V. 4

Customer :

The Russian is V. 4.5.5

Michelle :

And what operating system is your mac running?

Customer :

The Level 1 Spanish is v7.6.2r10

Customer :

The Spanish App disk is the V. 4

Customer :

The OS is: OS X

Michelle :

I will need the OSX version. After OSX, you will see 10.X.X

Customer :

Version : 10.7.5

Michelle :

Thanks for the info. It sounds like your issue may be related to a needed update. Click on the apple logo in the upper left corner and choose software update. what updates are available

Customer :

Software is up to date

Customer :

It is the New Spanish Application Software that is out of date

Michelle :

When did you purchase it?

Customer :

According to the message that I receive when I load the disk

Michelle :

If you are running 4.5.5, you can not run an earlier version

Customer :

It is all new. I downloaded the Russian about a month ago, then purchased the Spanish a week or so later

Customer :

So.... How do I get an upgrade for the Spanish App???

Michelle :

Although you should normally be able to load both software and use the same learner name, it looks like you will need to uninstall the russian version. Since I can only troubleshoot mac issues, I recommend calling Rosetta 1.800.­767.3882 so they can look into your account to see if there are activation issues or registry issues. Or you can email them. http://www.rosettastone.com/contact

Michelle :

I will go ahead and issue a refund since we are unable to help you here. According to their site, issues like this occur for account error reasons, activation reasons etc

Customer :

The Russian was downloaded and opens OK. The Spanish is new out of the box and the App will not open. The message is that a later version is already on the machine.

Customer :

Cay you send this chain to my EM so I can refer to it during my conversations with RS... And thanks so much for your help

Michelle :

You are very welcome and I am sorry I was not able to assist you, Here is the direct link to our convo.
http://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/7z4ai-russian-loaded-mac-air-want-load-spanish.html
You can also bookmark the page or highlight the chat, copy and then paste it into the a word document

Customer :

Thanks so much!

Michelle :

No problem. Best of luck :)