Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

Itunes says I cant make a purchase. I have changed all the passwords

Customer Question

Itunes says I can't make a purchase. I have changed all the passwords on computer, ipad, Iphone and icloud..
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Ok, did you change it in the iTunes account, this is your Apple ID and is the master.
This explains what it is annd how to manage it.

Look at the Mannage your Apple ID and change that password XXXXX match what you made it on your devices.

Does that help?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

no. I have gone to apple id on ipad, iphone, computer... changed password XXXXX is working

Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
Changing the password XXXXX the devices will not work, it does not change the Apple ID password.
That is why I sent that link. If you do not know the Apple ID password XXXXX this is what you need.

Look at that and use the one that works for you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did that too. No it is not working
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
Ok, please tell me what led up to this problem. Why you did what you did.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I downloaded a sample "book" when I went to purchase the book

it said could not be completed go to support, etc. I did so.. I had

all the passwords reset on all devices. I just tried it again. It won't

allow a purchase... The credit card is good..

Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
Was there a reason for it to refuse? An error of some kind?
Can you sign in to the account in iTunes on your computer?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I can sign in to itunes...it just won't let me make a purchase. I am so

frustrated... I have changed the password XXXXX times now on all

the devices and appleid...

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Are you still there? I just went on the computer...checked the credit card

checked the password XXXXX still cannot make a purchase...

Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
That is part of the problem, too many changes.
Here is a possible fix.
Sign out of the iTunes account on all devices, then try an in app purchase, it will ask you to sign in. It should work, reports are positive.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

no I signed out of everything tried to by the book and still won't let

me do it... It did ask me to sign in...and I did

Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.
I cannot help with this, you need to contact Apple to fix this.iTunes Store If you have a question about account management, purchases, billing, iTunes cards and codes, or related topics, contact our iTunes Store support team. Contact iTunes Store support

That is all I can do, sorry I could not provide a fix for this.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do I get a credit back on my credit card