Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

i pod classic I am currently charging wont come on. I was told

i pod classic I am currently charging wont come on. I was told to contact this website. I tried to hold down the menu, middle and play buttons for 10-30 second intervals with no joy. its not an electronic issue because nothing is clicking when I turn it on...need help on how to get it on so that I can get my music off of it then get rid of it. it is quit old...from 2005/30GB. anything u tell me to get it temp "fixed" would be greatly appreciated!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 10 months ago.
Hi

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Sorry to hear that the iPod is not turning on...:( unfortunately, the only troubleshooting we can try is a reset.

There is a hold switch to the top of the iPod. Toggle that switch 3-4 times and place it in a position so that it is no longer on hold. That is, the orange/red color is not visible next to the switch.

Now, press and hold the menu and the center buttons together for nearly 30 sec.

Let me know whether the iPod comes on. Also, are the songs in it bought from the iTunes Store?

Thank you
Vinod
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

hi vinod,

I tried it twice but it didn't work. I know there isn't any other way for me to turn it on so thanks for your help anyway.

Sorry Nisha..:(

Try to connect the iPod to the charger for 20 minutes and then try the reset again.

If that too does not work, and if the iPod is still not turning on, it is a hardware damage and needs a replacement.

If the songs are bought from the iTunes Store, they are all safe and you can redownload from the iTunes Store using the same apple id and password.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

thanks vinod but I also saw that it keeps cycling between the apple icon, the support website and the battery charge screen which isn't charging so I do think its a hardware issue. well thanks again for the help but I guess I will either have to try to get repair parts or start over....no I didn't get this music from iTunes and yes:(

I understand...

You can get a replacement by calling the apple care 1-800-2752273.

The replacement through apple will be costly as they will replace it with another refurbished iPod, so if you know any other repair centers, try taking it there so tha you might get it cheaper.
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience: worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products