Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.

Dragon recorder app. I was able to get this to work before,

Customer Question

Dragon recorder app. I was able to get this to work before, but now it's not working using a different computer. HP Folio is on the same wifi as the iphone. I open "Options" in Dragon Recorder, and click Wifi sharing to "on." I get the message "Wi-Fi: no connection!" I've tried different wifi networks, matching the computer and the iphone, but can't get the wifi connection. Can you help?

Thanks - Tony
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.
Hello Tony, thanks for requesting me.
I will do my best to help you, the only silly question is the unasked one.

What computer and operating system are you connecting to?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

HP Folio using Windows 7

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Windows 7 64 bit

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

when I answer to you and click "reply expert," the browser window closes and I can only see this screen by going back through the email notice. How to keep this window open while we're chatting?

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.
Ok your browser is not working well. What are you using for a browser? IE?

After you turned on the Wi-Fi sharing it should say 'With a Bonjour enabled browser connect to "Tony's iPhone" on the local network'.
Under that should be an IP address like- 10.0.1.2:11111 or some such.

You did this with this computer before?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

the Browser works fine. I've been using Chrome. i opened Explorer just now. it also works fine.

I can use Dragon Microphone, which connects to the computer via wifi just fine. I can dictate correctly with not problem. I.e. the computer is in fact connected to the iphone via wifi.

The problem is that the dragon Recorder Options indicate that there is no wifi connection when there actually is a connection.

that is the problem.

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.
I asked because you said it was not working with this question page, has that improved?
Is Wi-Fi on the iPhone turned on in Settings? If it is off and you are on 3G or 4G then it cannot connect.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Really, we need to get past these basics.

Yes, as I've indicated, wifi is turned on the iphone, connected to a wifi network.

The wifi button is on for the computer, and the computer is connected to the same wifi network.

The wifi network works fine for all browsing, in chrome and internet explorer.

Dragon is opened and active on the computer. I have tried to set up the Remote audio dictation machine profile, but that requires connection from the iphone to the computer, through Dragon Recorder.

Back to the same problem: open Dragon Recorder, open Options, click Wifi Sharing, get the message "Wifi: No Connection!"

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I don't know what you mean when you say: "I asked because you said it was not working with this question page, has that improved? " I've mentioned nothing about a question page. Are you confusing my issue with someone else's?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I paid eight the money to your website because I got a notice from you that you had an answer to my question. It would appear that you do not have an answer, and in fact, it appears that you do not even get what my question is. am I being to quick to judge? If my question is not clear, then what is unclear about it? If you are unable to answer the question, then please say so and refund my money promptly.

I look forward to your response.

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.
From your description it sounds like the iPhone is not on your network.
Is Wi-Fi in settings on? If it is and all other things as they should be try resetting the iPhone.

To reset the iPhone press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons down until the Apple appears, ignore all other screens, then let go.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
This does a system reset much like a restart of your computer does.

This will not delete anything but will clear a lot of faults.

Try that.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

OK, that helped and the iphone is now connected through Dragon Recorder to the computer. However, now in Dragon Recorder I get a message to navigate to a particular website. I enter that and it says the URL "did not match any documents." i tried that in Chrome and in IE. I search "Bonjour" on my computer and the program is resident on the C drive.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

OK, I can see files if I enter the URL in Firefox. Stand by. Working to see if the rest of the DRagon Recorder transfer works.

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.
If it does not then Bonjour must be installed.
It is required for this to work. Then the address (it will be a different number for you).

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

That is what to type into the address bar, nothing more, you did that. If any files are there they will appear, if none it will say so.
Let me know.