Toby K.
Toby K., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  17+ years of IT support
61870206

my keyboard has a problem with the letter below the a on the

my keyboard has a problem with the letter below the a on the keyboard[last letter in alphabet].if it is depressed it acts as a delete function and will clear any and all letters that have been typed.can you help? my e-mail [email protected] eugene

Toby K. :

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer!

Toby K. :

From what you've described, it sounds like the undo function of Control - Z is being called when you press the Z key.

Toby K. :

Does this happen in all applications?

Toby K. :

Have you tried connecting another keyboard to your iMac?

Toby K. :

If you still require assistance, please reply back and the system will send me an alert.

Customer:

the z letter seems to be working now.tried other apps and the z is functioning in all.

Toby K. :

I'm glad it's working now. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Have a good day!

Customer:

is this a common problem?what happens to cause this?

Toby K. :

It's definitely not common. It's hard to determine what would have caused that. Maybe the application you were using had a glitch at that time. When things like that happen, its probably best to perform a shutdown/restart of your computer.

Customer:

ok thanks for your help toby