Toby K.
Toby K., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  17+ years of IT support
61870206

hi, my mac is not starting up, when i pres the cmd + s when

Customer Question

hi, my mac is not starting up, when i pres the cmd + s when restarted and i go to the black screen it says repeatedly "cannot mount root errno = 19" so i'm also not able to wright there. is that a fixable problem and can you help me with this? thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Toby K. replied 3 years ago.

Toby K. :

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer, my name is Toby and will happy to assist you.

Toby K. :

So you have been unsuccessful booting from the DVD? To be sure, are you powering on your Mac and pressing and holding the C key until you see the Apple logo?

Toby K. :

What version of OS X is installed, Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), or Mountain Lion (10.8)?

Toby K. :

If you would like to troubleshoot this issue, please respond and the system will alert me.

JACUSTOMER-fjt230e4- :

10.6 is the version that i have.

Toby K. :

Hello

Toby K. :

To boot from the DVD, are you powering on your Mac and pressing and holding the C key until you see the Apple logo?

JACUSTOMER-fjt230e4- :

and yes i have hold the c key then nothing else happened but the logo appears for 10- 15 seconds and then the sign "forbidden"

Toby K. :

I'm not sure if you have reset the PRAM, but let's try doing that to see if that will help you boot from the DVD.

Toby K. :

Turn off your computer.

JACUSTOMER-fjt230e4- :

yes i did ... did not help

Toby K. :

From what it sounds like, you may an issue with the system/logic board. You will need to take this to the Apple Store or find a Apple technician in your area.

Toby K. :

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

JACUSTOMER-fjt230e4- :

ok thanks i'll do that

Expert:  Toby K. replied 3 years ago.
.