John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

Hi, My Applemac was stolen from my car on Friday, sometime

My Applemac was stolen from my car on Friday, sometime in the morning. Is there a way of tracking it via the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth built in apps?
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Apple does have the "Find My...” feature available for iCloud users BUT the key fact is that you must have registered the device for this service at some point prior to losing it.

However, if you've ever registered the device with iCloud, it's possible this was enabled for you. You can sign in to the following site to see if the device is registered.

Note: You would sign in with the Apple ID used for iCloud or to make Store purchases.

If your device is registered there and the person who has it now has it connected to the Internet and hasn't deactivate iCloud you can send it messages, track it's location and remotely erase your personal data off the drive.

If you believe the device was stolen, the person who has it now can also erase the computer and you would no longer be able to track it so you may wish to try and get in contact with the Police Dept. File a Police Report for the device. Call the non-emergency number of the police department with jurisdiction over the area in which the theft occurred. They will direct you to another law enforcement agency, if necessary.

The police will ask you questions about the theft, in order to file a police report. Give as many important details about the Mac to the police as you can, including the stolen mac's serial number, which may help them them apprehend the person responsible and recover your stolen computer.

Also, report your stolen device to an online site like Sites like this are used by pawn shops and others to track stolen property that comes into their business.

If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If so please, please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my personal service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Thanks and good luck,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this issue, please let me know.

Also, please feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question. I can assist with a myriad number of issues, including speed or performance improvements, hardware or software installation and updates, new device/software recommendations and other frustrations you may experience in the future.

I can be reached directly via the following page: