Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have iPhone 5 set to sync over iCloud, but my calendar is

I have iPhone 5 set to sync over iCloud, but my calendar is not syncing from or to Outlook. At least, some appointments are syncing and some are not

Hello Donna, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Which version of Outlook are you using? There are reports that Outlook 2007 and 2010 work OK, newer is having some issues.
This may help you resolve this.
Let me know if it helps or not please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Outlook 2007

Ok, Donna. Lets try resetting the iPhone.
It will not harm any data, apps or content.

To reset the iPhone press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons down until the Apple appears, ignore all other screens, then let go.
graphic
This does a system reset much like a restart of your computer does.

Then try the below.

• If you're having trouble with the web-based iCloud Calendar at icloud.com/calendar, the first place to start troubleshooting is your browser. This article details how to troubleshoot browser issues for a variety of web browsers on multiple operating systems. Browser troubleshooting should never be skipped for web-based issues.
  • If you are seeing issues with the iCloud Birthdays calendar, keep in mind that it updates hourly, so it may take up to an hour for changes to the birthday field in iCloud Contacts to be reflected in iCloud Calendar.
  • If you encounter an issue while using iCloud Calendar on the web, a message may appear with a "Send to Apple" button. Clicking this helps iCloud to track issues and create fixes.
  • If updates from other devices do not appear, or if the Calendar interface does not appear as expected, switch to another application by clicking the iCloud icon in the upper-left corner and selecting the application you wish to use. After visiting a different application, such as Contacts, switch back to Calendar. If issues persist, you may wish to sign out of iCloud by clicking Sign Out in the upper-right corner and then signing back in.

Keep me posted please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not impressed. You first sent me a link to an Apple web site and asked me a question. I answered your question and you then plagiarized a few paragraphs from the same Apple web site and sent them to me. You were supplying me with Apple's expertise, not yours, from a web site I could have found myself
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today!

How long ago exactly, did your ability to sync to and from the iphone, and to and from outlook, how long ago did t hat stop working?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

about 3 or 4 weeks ago

Thanks,

and you mentioned Outlook 2007, thats a microsoft windows version of office / outlook.

Question, are you running microsoft office 2007, on a mac.. Through something like boot camp or parralells?

Or, do you have a separate windows pc ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a windows laptop with windows 7

Thanks.

have you tried uninstalling Itunes..

Then restarting the computer, reinstalling itunes, and then setting up the calendar sync again through itunes, telling it to use outlook.

Itunes, is what controls a windows computers ability to sync back and forth with ios devices..

So lets try these steps first.. To repair the base structure.. And once weve made it that far.. We can then work on getting the calendar events to " push" back and forth.

D.S
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK, I've uninstalled, and re-installed, iTunes. I think that doing this may have solved the problem already. I'll wait a bit to see if it works, and let you know. Many thanks for your help.

Your very welcome, and thank you for taking the chance to try out the steps I mentioned, and also, for sending a reply.

If you still have issues with syncing, I will absolutely continue to assist you..

But Im guessing that after the uninstall reinstall process, and with you saying the problem seems to be solved, that were probably good to go!!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller