Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified

I have an IPSec VPN tunnel setup between two Cisco SRP521W

I have an IPSec VPN tunnel setup between two Cisco SRP521W routers. We've just installed a new apple server to replace the old server which was the remote endpoint for the tunnel. When I change the tunnel endpoint to the new ip address, the tunnel will not establish. When I change it back to the old server address it works fine. The only thing I'm changing is the IP address setting. The first machine is running OSX Server 10.6 the new machine is running 10.8. Any ideas?

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

After changing the IP address, restart both routers to re-establish the VPN link.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Pete, although I have to say that I'm gutted it was so simple. I restarted the local end with the changed connection, but did not know you had to start the remote end also. Ah well!

Much appreciated.