John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

My mac wont seem to connect to the office printer even though

My mac wont seem to connect to the office printer even though ive installed the driver. Cant find the driver. Have restarted. What am I doing wrong?!?!
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 11 months ago.
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

What model of Canon printer is in use and how are you trying to connect to it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

its a Canon, I have installed the driver (twice) and cant seem to locate it in order to connect to the printer. This is the information I know...

This is what I have installed so far.

Canon Generic PCL6 Driver is what is on my colleague's print setting.

I have installed the

UFRII/UFRII LT Printer Driver.

Hi Rebecca, do you have physical access to the printer to see the model on it? Since you are the only one with a Mac then the print settings provided from a Windows PC aren't helpful here.

Also, are you trying to connect over wi-fi or via a wired network, etc...?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Trying to connect over wi-fi. The model is IRADVC5035, it's a canon. I have full access to internet but I'm absolutely dying to print things. What else can I provide to get this working? I have apparently installed the correct driver but can't locate it in my driver to continue the set up. I'm so lost :(

Thanks, Rebecca!

Can you tell me what version of OS X you are currently running?

Click the Apple Logo in the menubar at the top of the screen

Select "About This Mac"

In the window that opens, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

10.6.8 .... I'm worried I may be out of memory and that's why I can't find the driver. how do I check this? It says memory: 2GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP55.00AC.B03

SMC Version (system): 1.47f2

Serial Number (system): WQ9412J666D

Hardware UUID: F7DAA86D-E76D-5292-A3D4-EC2EA443AB32

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State: Enabled

Okay, Rebecca.

I think you are just installing the wrong driver in this case.

Please go to:
http://support-au.canon.com.au/contents/AU/EN/0100422302.html

This should go to the page for :
PS Printer Driver & Utilities for Macintosh V4.0.0 [Intel : Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8]

Last Updated : 11-Jul-2013
Issue Number :(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Scroll all the way to the bottom and place a check mark next to "I have read and understood the information above, and wish to download the designated software." and you should then see a red download link.

1. Click the link. The download will start automatically.
2. Files are saved on your Mac's desktop or Downloads folder in most cases The file should be named Mac_PS_Ver400_01.dmg or close to that.
3. Double-click the file to mount the Disk Image.
4. Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
5. Double-click the Installer file in the folder. Installation starts automatically.
6. When the installation is done, restart your Mac.
---

Then, you should be able to add printer as normal:

In System Preferences > Print & Fax. if the Print & Fax lock icon appears locked, click the lock icon and enter an administrator name and password XXXXX prompted. Click the + (plus) icon below the Printers pane on the left to open the Add Printer application.

If all goes well, the printer should show up under the Default tab within a minute or two.

If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If so please, please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my personal service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Thanks and good luck,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi John,

Still no luck. The printer doesnt come up in default after 5 minutes of waiting.

Okay, to clarify that is after clicking the + (plus) icon below the Printers pane on the left to open the Add Printer application?

Do you have any details of how the printer was configured on other computers? Not the driver but other details, such as IP addres, etc?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I've done it! thank you so much. All good now :)

You are very welcome!

I enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question. I can assist with a myriad number of issues.

I can be reached directly via the following page:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/

John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience: 20+ years in the computer/Mac industry