Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.

STRANGE QUESTION. I have an I-Pad, WI-FI Cellular 32 GB W-Verizon

STRANGE QUESTION. I have an I-Pad, WI-FI Cellular 32 GB W-Verizon and live in San Diego. I love it. I thought that a similar unit would be a nifty present for my great-grand-daughter who lives on a farm in a rural small town (Dassel) in Minnesota. The family is connected to T-Mobile for phone service and somehow uses one of their two mobile phones for a connection to their computer for internet use.

I understand that Apple I-Pads usually use ATT or Verizon for a satellite connection. Can I soehow make an I-Pad work with this unusual group of connections or should I just buy her another doll. She is a VERY SHARP 9 year, six month kid. Any help available? Jim U.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

The unlocked iPad will operate on the T-Mobile network, but it will only work on the 'Edge' network, which simply means that it will be the slower speed.

You may have to make a small change to the T-Mobile sim card so that it will fit in the iPad. The instructions for doing such are found at the following link:

You stated that they may be using one of their phones for the Internet connection on one of their computers. If they are using the WIFI hotspot on the phone to do this, then the new iPad may be able to connect to that wifi hotspot on the phone in the same way.

If you have any further questions, please, let me know.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page:

Thank you for your time and please, do not forget to rate my help below.

- Jason