ehabtutor
ehabtutor, Software Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor of computer science, 5+ years experience in software development, software company owner
13535664

I want to use a photo as a faded background on a flyer. Im

I want to use a photo as a faded background on a flyer. I'm using a mac, and photoshop CS4.

ehabtutor :

Hi

ehabtutor :

welcome to just answer

ehabtutor :

This can be accomplished using layered mask

ehabtutor :

You can find a step by step Tutorial with screens on how to accomplish this

ehabtutor :

Let me know if you still need any further assistance.

ehabtutor :

Please take a minute to leave me a positive feedback if you are satisfied with my help.

ehabtutor :

You can bookmark this page in case you have any additional questions regarding the same topic

ehabtutor :

A bonus will be highly appreciated.

Hi Peggy,

Please also find here an additional tutorial with a video.

http://www.wikihow.com/Fade-in-Photoshop

Let me know if you need any further help.

A bonus will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Ehab tutor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If ehabtutor is now offline I need another Expert. My problem has not been solved.

I am here.

did you get my last response?

i sent you a link with a tutorial both in screens and video

Are you able to see the link?

regards,
ehab tutor
Here is the link for the tutorial peggy.

Click Here

A bonus will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Ehab tutor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I went to your second link again and tried the steps it describes. When I tried to copy the image so I could put it in the new layer the "copy" line was grayed out....meaning it was not operational. How do I copy the image under these circumstances?

You can do this in two ways.

You can open the image in photoshop then drag it and drop it onto the new blank layer.

or else you can copy your image using ctrl+c and then click on the new layer on the right side then press ctrl+v to paste the image.

hope this helps

regards,
ehab tutor
Hi Peggy,

The simplest method would be to use the Move Tool to drag the photo into the file containing the new blank layer. Just have both windows open and visible at the same time, click and drag from one to the other. That's all it takes.

Let me know if you are still facing difficulties

regards,
ehab tutor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still facing difficulties.

I opened my page document that has the flyer's text on it, and it looks weird. It has a black background and the text is illegible. Furthermore, just before it opened a little box also opened that gave its dimensions as 160 pixels wide and 128 pixels high....and it's formatted on a regular 8.5 x 11 page. Any ideas?

what does this have to do with the original question.

You should be working now with a new document with the dimensions you want.

I think what you can do is add another layer on the new file where you should have your image now. and selecting this layer use the text icon to add text to this layer. you can of course copy your text from your previous file and paste it on this new layer. using ctrl+c to copy the selected text and ctrl+v to paste it in the new text area on the new document selected layer.

Its as if you are rebuilding your flyer using the things that you already did and putting them into new layers on the new document.

Let me know if this makes sense to you

regards,
ehab tutor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here's my original question: "I want to use a photo as a faded background on a flyer. I'm using a mac, and photoshop CS4." The flyer has the text. I want a faded photo as background.

I didn't realize I'd have to re-type all the text of the flyer. But I'll do that.

No i don't have to retype it. you can just copy it and paste it in the new document.

First create a layer, then use the text symbol to add text to the document,then paste the copied text and apply whatever formatting you wish to it.

let me know how it goes.

regards,
ehab tutor
Hi Peggy,

Is it going well?

Do you need further assistance?

Please take a minute to leave me a positive feedback if you are satisfied with my help as this is the only way i can get compensated for my time and effort

A bonus will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Ehab tutor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'll respond as soon as I can get something to work. So far I still need to type all the text onto the faded photo. If I can type at least some of it I will respond.

Sure take your time.

Did you see my last response regarding copying and pasting the text rather than typing it all again.

regards,
ehab tutor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I saw your response regarding copying and pasting the text rather than typing it all again. I still haven't figured out how to lighten my image.

After the you add the image to a layer, follow the next step in the tutorial to add a layer mask, in order to be able to make your image appear as faded.

Regards,
Ehab tutor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need more detail. I have a layer mask but I don't know now what to do with it.

Hi Peggy,

if you just want to adjust the transperancy you can click on the layer with the image and at the top right you will find a small slider with the word opacity.

you can check this picture for reference: Image

let me know if this accomplishes what you want.

regards,

ehab tutor