Freddy M.
Freddy M., Computer Technician
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field
15852642

You Tube compatibility problems with Adobes latest version

You Tube compatibility problems with Adobe's latest version of 'Flash Player.' Most internet forums recommend 'downgrading' to Adobe's previous version. Do you concur, and if so, can you recommend a step by step process towards this end? Thank you.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Can you please explain the problem your having with youtube?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Corrupted playback. Video and audio are not synchronized, missing video at times, buffering is sporadic, etc.

.
That is rarely caused by flash, did you try multiple videos from different uploaders?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It appears that my previous reply didn't post. Yes, I've had this problem with all videos, regardless of uploader. Internet chatter seems to hold Adobe at fault.

.
Please try pausing a video and then wait 60 seconds and press play, does it work properly? Please also note that internet chatter is not always correct in fact I get a lot of customers simply because it was wrong. Not saying this is but take anything you find from someone who is not a technician with a grain of salt.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've tried waiting for a period of time (up to sixty seconds), but this fix is intermittent at best, XXXXX XXXXX consistent with past performance . Yes, internet chatter is not always correct-it's just another resource to consider.

.
Which version of flash are you currently using? We will test that first, though what you are describin sounds like a bandwidth issue.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need to reinstall 'Flash.' Can you please direct me to Adobe's support page?

.
You can get the latest version here: http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the link. I happened across a version in the 10.0 release range and just tried it for grins. This downgrade seems to have helped. May I call on you again if this 'fix' is only temporary? I understand that conventional wisdom dictates the use of 'current' software, but I have found, at times, older versions to be more reliable even though increased reliability is often touted as the rational for version releases.

.
Yes you can come back to me any time by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions at the top of the page. Also youtube recently updated the player so it may currently be having some bugs due to that especially if they developed it with flash 10 in mind instead of the latest version. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.