ehabtutor
ehabtutor, Software Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor of computer science, 5+ years experience in software development, software company owner
13535664

I have a credit of $50.60 on I tunes. I cannot buy or rent

I have a credit of $50.60 on I tunes. I cannot buy or rent movies on apple TV, why?
Category: Mac
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 1 year ago.

where you able to rent before?

sounds like your itunes account is not registered to your state/country properly.

Go and recheck your address details.. specifically the state field.
even if it is correct.. reselect your state from the list and save.. then try it again.

Are you getting any errors?

regards,
ehab tutor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, i have been renting movies, and buying apps before using credit from itunes card, this do not works any longer, even how i do have credit(50$) left on my account. I get erros and be asked to check on my credit card infos I did enter... How can i use my credit left?
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 1 year ago.
ok lets try this.

1. First Remove credit card info from the iTunes Store
2. Make sure it says "No credit card on file" under "Payment Information"
3. Sign out of the Store on all devices (Macs and iOS devices)
4. Reboot all devices (probably unnecessary, but do it anyway)
5. Sign in to iTunes Store *with the problematic device*
6. Re-enter credit card info *using the problematic device*

Let me know if this fixes the issue.

regards,
ehab tutor
ehabtutor, Software Engineer
Experience: Bachelor of computer science, 5+ years experience in software development, software company owner
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nadine,

Another solution to try is:

since lately apple changed the level of security of passwords.

Try to change your password, it will ask you to have letters within your password.

Attempt to create a new password XXXXX includes letters. This may be the problem.

Let me know if this fixes the issue.

regards,
ehab tutor
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nadine,

On another though, Did You attempt to use up your credits by renting the movies etc from your mac/pc, i mean through itunes.

You should be able to do this and then once downloaded you can move them to your Apple TV and play them.

regards,

ehab tutor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use to rent my movies dirrectly from apple tv, i never rent them from my mac pro .
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 1 year ago.
using the itunes credit? or using your credit card?

I mean this was a gift card that you redeemed right?

regards,
ehab tutor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, i was credit from a gift card i redeemed
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a credit card setup in the itunes account?

or just the itunes balance?

If you have a credit info set up

First Remove credit card info from the iTunes Store
Make sure it says "No credit card on file" under "Payment Information"

Then try to attempt the purchase again.

Also where you able to check the location setup in your account?

Let me know what happens

regards,

ehab tutor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help, i have succesfuly rented a movie pay on my itunes credit balance. But now, i like to erase my previous credit card infos .I did try on my account but did not work.could you tell me how to erase my bank infos?
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 1 year ago.
did you attempt to do it from your apple tv. under accounts?

or rather from your mac-pro?

regards,
ehab tutor
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nadine,

Tap Settings on the Home screen.

Tap iTunes & App Stores. Tap on your Apple ID. (If you are not signed in, enter your Apple ID and password, and tap Sign In.)

Tap View Apple ID.

Enter your Apple ID password.

In the Edit section, tap Payment Information.

Update the information that you want to change.

Tap the Done button when finished.

The payment methods that the iTunes Store accepts can be found in the payment type section. If you do not want a payment method on your account, select None in the payment type section.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Don't forget to use the stars or faces to leave me a positive rating as this is the only way i get paid for my help.

A bonus will be highly appreciated.

regards,

ehab tutor