John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I am trying to download music from itunes on my computer.

Customer Question

I am trying to download music from itunes on my computer. How do I do that?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 year ago.
Hi

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Could you please explain your issue a bit more?

Did you mean how to download music from the iTunes Store?

Or are you trying to transfer music from the iTunes to an iPad/iPhone/iPod?

Thank you
Vinod
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have music I have already purchased from the itunes store on my computer. I'm trying to transfer songs to my Kindle Fire.

I am sorry. I am an expert only with iOS devices and iTunes. Unfortunately, I know nothing about the kindle fire. You should need a converter. So I would opt out so that a different expert might be able to help.

Thank you
Vinod
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is not helpful.

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Is iTunes installed on a Windows or Mac PC?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!

Your Kindle Fire uses the Amazon Cloud Player as a music player. You can import your unprotected iTunes music from your computer to Cloud Player and once it’s in Cloud Player you can play or download your music on your Kindle Fire. However, this is not a free service depending on the amount of music you have. Importing the first 250 songs are free but it's around $25 a year beyond that.

The Cloud Player import service is on this page:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/dmusic/mp3/player

Sign in with your normal Amazon account and click "Import Your Music" near the top left to begin.

If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If so please, please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my personal service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Thanks and good luck,
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry but why did you rate my answer poorly? This is the official method as recommended by Amazon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I had already read that I could spend $25 and get the music. I know there is another way. That's what I wanted from you. Sending me to another site to cost me more was not a very good solution.

Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
With all due respect, it is up to you to communicate your specific needs. I can only provide information based on the details you provide and have no way of knowing what you have read previously, obviously. So I provided the solution that is easiest for most people.

You referenced "download" in your original question in regard to moving music from iTunes to your Kindle. Downloading implies using the network/internet and the most common method for people with a Kindle who want to download music is via Cloud Player and so I provided the only solution Amazon gives for that scenario. This has two benefits, it is more compatible with the music as stored by iTunes and it provides a workable solution where a user's iTunes library may be larger than the storage space on their Kindle.

There is an alternative but it will require you to manually convert your songs in most cases and you will have to manually sync your music rather than make it available for automatic download. If you would be interested in talking about that I would be glad to provide additional assistance if I can be rated appropriately.

Thanks,