Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

I lost my iPod while on vacation. I called all the places where

I lost my iPod while on vacation. I called all the places where I had been, but nobody had it. Using "Find My iPhone," I went through the steps of trying to get a "ping," then leaving a message for anyone trying to use it, and—in surrender and as a precaution—setting it to Erase if someone tried to use it.
Then I found it. When I charged it and brought it home, I got my "ping." Now, how do I avoid the Erase command being activated when I go online?

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Great to know that you have your iPod back..:)

Unfortunately, since you have activated the erase phone facility in icloud, the ipod will be erased when you go online and you will be asked to set it up again.

What you need to do is to set it up again, restoring from the latest backup (you may need to give your apple ID and password XXXXX that). That will bring back everything that was erased off the ipod.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you find any difficulty.

Thank You
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The iPod did not erase. I think that is because it has the same address as it did instead of someone else trying to use it. My guess, but I am glad that it didn't erase. I'll let you know if there are any complications in the future.

Good to know anyway that it did not erase anything off the ipod...:)

Even if it did erase, while setting it up, you have the option to restore from the latest icloud backup. So need to worry about that. Also, your itunes purchases can be redownloaded if lost (for free), if you use the same apple ID and password.

Have a great day!