John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

do you repaid ipad screens

do you repaid ipad screens
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Do you have a physical problem with the screen (cracked,etc..)?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it is cracked

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX have a couple of options in that case.

if you have a cracked screen this will not officially be covered under the normal limited warranty provided by Apple. It will be covered for around $49 under AppleCare+ replacement service but otherwise you would need to pay normal repair costs.

However, Apple occasionally offers a one-time courtesy (free) screen repair/replacement for iPads that are still under warranty. You would need to take the iPad to a local Apple Store and talk to a "Genius" there as it is under their discretion that replacements may be made. Generally, it's due to an "unfortunate circumstance" (My kid ran into me from around a corner and bumped it right out of my hand) and not given for carelessness (I left it on the top of my car and drove off.) However, do NOT mention that you are aware of this service.

If this does not work out, you may choose to use a reputable 3rd party repair service. You can expect to pay $135-169 depending on the exact model of iPad you have.

Since you are in the US, I would recommend using iResQ in that case:

http://www.iresq.com/ipad-repair.html

They can make a quick, free diagnosis and economical repair for you.

If you continue to have questions on this topic, just reply back to this discussion. I will be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. If so please, please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating my personal service only and not this website itself or your issue.

Thanks and good luck,