Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I have Aperature 3.4.5 running on Mac --- OSX 10.8.4. I have

I have Aperature 3.4.5 running on Mac --- OSX 10.8.4. I have the latest update to Aperature. Just bought a Nikon D7100. In trying to download I am unable to do so and get the continuing "loading assets" sign. What am I doing wrong?
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today!

Have you downloaded and installed the capture NX 2 software from Nikon yet?

If not, you need to download and install that software, as thats the software that will allow you to pull images and video from the camera.

You can download it from here

Once downloaded, install it. .And then run the Nikon capture NX2 software.. It should let you pull pictures in from the camera using the software.

And once the Nikon software can read it, you should be able to then user other programs to read the files on the camera.

if you get stuck, or run into any issues, please let me know.

If my answer helped, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the green submit button to rate the answer. We can still communicate after rating, as rating does not end the conversation.

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You did not respond to my question/issue. I do not use the NX2 software --- I use Aperature on my Apple. NX2 is a Nikon based software - two different things.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The images can be pulled to Aperature -- but not downloaded into the program ----The conflict is between the NIKON D7100 and Aperature.

To install the driver for the camera, so it can properly pull in images..

You must install t he Nikon software.. Before you rated my answer as bad service Joe, did you even attempt it to see if it could be correct?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK --- I downlaoded the Nikon software --- went to Aperature and nothing happened. Is there a setting in the Nikon Software that I need to make?

My apologies for the delay Joe..

Were having site issues, I had a hard time getting the reply page to open.. Im shocked you were able to reply to me at all.

That being said.. when you downloaded the nikon nx2 software.. did you install it?

If so, did we run it, if we run it, it should be able to pull pictures from the camera and save them.. ( we need to do this to make sure that the software installed the raw drivers for the camera, so t hat your mac can read the camera fully )

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK --- it worked. When I pull up Aperature and try to download from the D7100, the NK2 program is opened and pulls them into Aperature. After I complete the download, the Nikon software disaappears and the photos are on Aperature as per normal.

Thank youSmile

Your very welcome!

Thank you for your patience and allowing me the chance to help you Joe.. I know yoru probably familiar with other Camera softwares that can load their drivers directly into the mac and work with aperture.. Nikon just has a weird way of doing it that seems sort of counter intuitive at first.

If you feel my answer helped you, please click one of the rating icons below. and then click submit.

As the ratings we receive determine whether we are employed, or removed from active service here..

if you need anything further in the future, I would be happy to assist you.

Dustin S.