Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I just plugged my Iphone 5 into my computer. It asked would

Customer Question

I just plugged my Iphone 5 into my computer. It asked would you like to set this up as a new iphone or an existing one that I guess I had back in 2011. I clicked as an existing. it has deleted all of my contacts from my iphone and all photos. can I get them back?
-Lauren
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is Dustin and I will assist you today!

When you plugged the iphone in.. Itunes should have made a backup before it erased your stuff. ( it makes a backup everytime the iphone is connected )

You mentioned a 320 backup, im assuming that was right before the items dissapeared?

Lets try two things, we first need to wipe t he iphone clean, so that its new again.

And then once its clean, lets try restoring from icloud first, and if that wont work, we can try restoring from that itunes 320 pm backup next.

Heres how to erase the phone

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/mobile-phone/3296944/how-factory-reset-on-iphone-or-ipad/

And heres how to restore the phone from icloud.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ph12521

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

If my answer helped, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the green submit button to rate the answer. We can still communicate after rating, as rating does not end the conversation.

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin